Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#744743 Wed Mar 04 2020 05:36 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Found a package my dad bought from an auction back in the day. Alot of paper advertising from mid 50s and older. Looking for help on values. Thanks

DSC00183.JPG DSC00186.JPG DSC00187.JPG DSC00185.JPG
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I would think the value would be somewhat minimal, as most items don't have great graphics or are from a company that I would consider extremely "collectible". I think the exception to that would be the piece with the baseball player if it is from an actual player endorsement? Baseball collectors like that sort of advertising.

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I agree the only one with possibly more value would be the Babe Ruth AC poster......no idea of the value though.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
I think that some may be surprised by the value of these posters and ad pieces. They have some appealing graphics to me. I agree that the baseball poster may be the most collectible. Is that Mickey Mantle? All would display nicely in a frame or behind glass in a mockup window on a wall.

I recommend putting them on eBay as they would be easy to ship, rolled in a tube or packed in a reinforced flat. Group 2 or 3 from the same brand together. Post a link to each auction back here on Oldgas.com

I get more visitor comments about this framed paper poster than I get about some of my better porcelain signs.

IMG_20200305_105024~2.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks guys the Babe Ruth one I found on a site but wouldnt show what it sold for unless I bought a membership. This is only part of it but I havent seen paper this crisp. The Zerone duck has has been my biggest challenge but going to pick up poster tubes and we shall see. This was only part of if and all of it came from one shop in boulder CO

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I found the Babe Ruth AC piece that sold for $350 in 2004 and another brought $625 in 2014. Keep in mind these appear to be auction house results and may not fetch these prices in a retail setting but great stuff regardless!

I
OP Offline
I
Need to finish taking pictures. One of the others in this collection is an AC Delco Keeps on Lickin poster in amazing shape. Found one that sold but couldnt see the price....the other 2 offered were $1000 and $1500

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I hope I'm wrong! I think this is the reason some items people ask for values on go unanswered. Many of us, unless its a specific area of interest, have no clue how to price or value items.

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved