Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow, this is sad news. Jack was a huge asset to this hobby and his contributions to the hobby will live on for years. My condolences to his wife Cindy and their family. We'll miss you Jack.

Brian H
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Another oldgas OG gone. RIP Jack, you were always good to me.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Jack and I teamed up to share a hotel room at Iowa Gas a couple of years ago. What a fun time....he was a hoot, especially after sampling a beer or three! Jack was a thoughtful, hardworking, and generous person to the end, even though life threw him some curve balls along the way. Thinking of you and Cindy today, Jack. Rest in peace good friend. John

R
R
I was so sad when I heard this news . I was with Jack the Saturday he got home from Des Moines . We had a nice visit and I bought some air meter manuals from him . Cindy , my condolences to you and your family . His knowledge was so vast and he was always happy to share it . I will miss seeing and talking to him at local auctions or the shows . RIP Jack .

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
One additional quick thought, Gang. As many of you know, when Jack wasn't spending time with his hobby publication and literature business, he could be found at his Amvet post shooting darts (he was a champion at that). Of course, while there he'd also enjoy a brew or two. He was known to generously provide a beverage for his friends and acquaintances there time and time again. He was a proud veteran, and a guy who knew how to have a good time!

I see from Jack's obituary that memorials can be sent to his longtime Amvet post in his name. Sounds like a good idea to me! The address is: Amvets Post #55, 8842 Natural Bridge Road, St. Louis, MO 63114. Anyone wishing to direct a card and/or memorial to Jack's wife, Cindy could use this address: 3933 Madeline Dr., St Louis, MO 63114. John

Last edited by Jolly-John; Thu Dec 31 2020 11:58 AM.
1 member likes this: Ryan Underthun
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
My condolences to his family

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
My condolences to his family and friends.

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Condolences to the family ! Jack was one of the foundations of the hobby . He answered many questions for me when I was a newbie on the site .Between he and Dick Bennett i bet they got sick of answering my questions but never let on when I restored my first pump. Always held a lot of respect for Jack and Dick . Peace be with him .

Wanted TEXACO related items & SUNOCO related items .Signs -Globes et'c. Oil Cans - Grease cans .
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I'm saddened to log in to Old Gas today and have this be the first post I see, another hobby veteran gone. My condolences to Jack's family, he was full of knowledge as we all know and good to deal with too.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R

2614E7FF26BE49CB9FA27A766D23470E.jpg

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R

8821EC8FC3AA4C86801088025F344ED5.jpg

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
1 member likes this: hawkike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Such sad news to hear of his passing. Condolences to his family. His contributions to the gas pump hobby is unrivaled, he truly is the father of the hobby. He will be missed but I will remember him everyday as I pick up one of his books.

Tom

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
RIP Jack, thank you for knowledge and your service to the hobby and the country 🙏

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very sad news , one of the greatest minds and father to our hobby. Will continue to use his great books he signed before mailing.

Remember you are only as good as your help
If you don't make any noise no one will hear you!
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Man another old gas guy gone. He died quite a few days back now and we were all wondering how he was doing. No one answered. Man a really great guy who had a ton of knowledge for us all and always seemed to have time for everyone. Jack really sorry to log on to see this, and thank you for your service.
Craig

Craig
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved