Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#767529 Tue Aug 24 2021 02:46 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase new 5 quart and 1 quart sealed motor oil cans (empty). I want to put Polly gas wraps on them for an oil can display stand I am working on. I have looked online but all the cans I can finds are food quality with ribbing on the sides, and you have to buy like 120 cans at a time. If anyone has any ideas or knows where to get some please let me know thanks in advance.
-Sid-

I have a passion for collecting Polly gas/oil related items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I may not totally understand...but, will give it a shot. Instead of buying brand new cans...head to eBay..or gas show and buy the cheapest cans you can buy and then just use them to wrap with your Polly Wraps....I am not sure how "transparent" your wraps are if the real can will show through the wrap...Not sure if you are making your own wraps, but I would encourage you to make sure they have a date or say "reproduction" in small print on the back somewhere. Otherwise some people may think you are trying to make fake cans....

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
1 member likes this: Sid’s Polly Gas
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Hey Sid, Just so you know, I've had 2 people sell me fake/wrapped cans that they did no know were wraps. I wasted $300 each on them. What are your intentions for them? Just curious......

Last edited by coltex; Tue Aug 24 2021 09:01 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
I am building a display for my personal collection. I have no interest in resale once purchased. Also I am sorry about the bad luck, its no fun when you think you have something and realize it’s not what you thought.

S
OP Offline
S
Also I like the idea about the reproduction warning on the can, I think I will add that into my design. Once I am finished with various projects I will post and share. Thanks again for the ideas.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Understood. Thank you and Good luck

2 members like this: Sid’s Polly Gas, Sid’s Polly Gas

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved