Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Nearing restoration completion of a Bennett 371 I disassemble years ago. Can someone help with assembly sequence of the hinges, side panels and doors, please?

1. One side of the door uses an insert to which the hinge attaches. Should a hinge be attached to that insert followed by attaching the insert/hinge assembly to the door or should the insert be attached to the door first and then the hinge attached?

2. Should the sheet metal sides be attached to the frame before the doors are attached or should the doors be attached to the sheet metal sides and then the side/door assembly be attached to the frame?

3. Is the hinge in the picture attached as it should be?

Hinge attachment-door panel -labeled.jpg Hinge attachment-side panel -labeled.jpg

Jim Perry
P and B Motorsports
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
G
Jim, It's been some years since I restored one of these Bennetts. The first thing that I see is that you have the hinges installed backwards. The doors open out which means that the hinges need to curve away from the door opening. If you change them then try to fit the doors, I think your other issues might become clear? Once reversed, the hinges should fit into the door and slide down on the pins. Since the hinge retainers were left on the door during paint, the painted pins might be difficult to get into the hinges? You might have to remove the pin assembly and clean them of paint? Once cleaned and reinstalled, have someone help with hanging the doors. The alignment is tricky for one person. Good luck. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

IpcROs.jpg

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved