Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#80898 Fri Sep 21 2007 11:57 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
The Bloom' fair in PA is enormous and basically our state fair. Exhibits and competitions are everywhere. In a building called "Arts & Crafts", people bring in everything from photography, paintings, needle work, wood work, pottery, you name it, it's on display competing against other people with the same interest. There's a section for collectors and this is also broken into different segments. After 3 years of saying "I should put my stuff in", I finally submited a pre-selection form and was selected as an exhibitor. The following pictures are from yesterday which was setup day. Judging took place earlier today and tomarrow my family and I will be spending the day having fun at the fair. I'll let you all know how I do. I have to thank my wife for her help and patience in the setup. We worked on it for 3 hours! Dave

........Dave

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#80899 Fri Sep 21 2007 12:04 PM
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
Very nice display Dave. Hope you get some leads from it on some more goodies. Ed

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
#80900 Sat Sep 22 2007 07:43 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Dave,
Great display at the greatest fair in the country! I've been going to that fair as long as I can rememebr and even longer. Somewhere in our family photo album there are a few photos of me being pushed around in a baby stroller and last year was my first oppotunity to push my kids aroung in a stroller at the fair.

Don't think I'll get there this year but if I do I'll be sure to check out your display.

------------------
Chuck

Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Habor, Indian, Powerlube, Beacon, Sinclar Aircraft

[This message has been edited by Hemibird (edited 09-22-2007).]

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
#80901 Sat Sep 22 2007 07:51 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!.... beautiful display. especially like that wolfs head die cut sign. good luck in the competition. looks like a homerun to me !!!

#80902 Mon Sep 24 2007 10:24 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks guys. Just to update, Blue ribbon in the category but best of event went to another display. While we spent the day Saturday checking out the fair, I stopped by a few times throughout the day and saw moments like grandfathers passing down to grandson's knowlege of "back in the day" and retired gentlemen just standing there by themselves with big smiles on their faces as well as younger generations looking at everything and asking dads what this and that was. It was really neat to watch. The only thing that I missed was a gentleman who stopped by earlier in the day and asked one of the fair workers who watch over all displays if he could get my number because he had all this stuff and no longer wanted it! Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll track me down through my exhibitors tag on the table. For those of you wondering, Exhibitors cannot display anything for contact information since it is a competition.

Hemi, I haven't missed one in 20 years and and now is no time to start!! If anything you've got to get there to eat all the goodies. Mine are all the hot sausages and the big tent with the homemade apple dumplings and cinnamon icecream.....WOW they are good! I left feeling pretty full!!

Kman, Thanks for the kind words. The Wolfs head sign is one of my favorites as well. Picked it up in an antique mall when asking the staff questions about dealers. Someone said follow me and off we went to the basement with keys in hand to a storage area. It was new old stock from a dealer who worked in a station as a youngster. The Kendall and the Texaco globe were all there as well. I felt like a kid in a candy shop! Took some time to purchase it all, but they worked with me.

........Dave
#80903 Mon Sep 24 2007 11:41 AM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
thanks for the update dave and congradulations. its always fun for me seeing people appreciate what other people have collected. i have a similar wolfs head die cut sign and it is one of my top 5 favorites. well done dave !!!!!

#80904 Tue Sep 25 2007 06:29 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Dave,
My dad is heading down today for his birthday (70 yrs old today). I told him about your display and suggested he check it out. No doubt I'll get a report back!

------------------
Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Habor, Indian, Powerlube, Beacon, Sinclar Aircraft

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved