Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Roger;

Great info! Old ads from The Cinncinati Advertising Company are an excellent source of information. Thanks for sharing it!

Just a reminder to everyone, one of the requests I made of Jim Potts before Aaron and I took over globe of the month was that I would only allow positive comments. I realize that oldgas is a public forum, but globe of the month is a post that I am hosting. If you want to bash someone, please do it on your own post. If you are contributing something to this post, I appreciate it! But, I would also appreciate it if you did not have to add a small dig here or there about some problems that you may have had in the past.

We have lots and lots of photos of 1-piece globes that we will be posting over the coming weeks and we appreciate all of the positive comments so far. Thanks for your support!

Lonnie

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

British 1930's Esso's

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think you've seen all my globes at one time or another, but since they fit into thos months theme, I'll show them once more.

This is also my first globe, "OK" is a cooperative thing, and it has a decal on both sides.

This Pratts globe is from the mid 20s, painted.

This Standard globe was used during the 30s.

Etched Esso used from 1939.

This Esso diesel is not etched, used from 1939.

This is my latest globe, shown in a recent BOTW. I shape of the S is a bit peculiar, but it is always like that on the Swedish SHell globes.

Thats all folks,
Claes

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
To everyone who has shared so far, thanks! Lets see some more of what you've got, I know there are a lot of you who have globes that haven't been showed yet.

Here are a couple of uncommon Gulf globes. Most Gulf one pieces are either etched or cast, but both of these shown are the wide body version and baked on. The Gulf No-Nox posted earlier is narrow bodied and etched.

Aaron

[This message has been edited by olddutchgas (edited 04-03-2008).]

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
P
P
So......I'm sittin' here wishing I could contribute to this cool topic, especially when it's originated by two of the people I respect most in this hobby. I rechecked to be sure I had the topic correct ("1-Piece Globes"). So then I'm wondering if this one might qualify:

I mean, it looks kinda like the more widely known oval glass version (the exact same graphics), it's one piece (excluding the bracket), it was used the same way (atop the large metal oil display cabinet), and there are other globes that have porcelain rather than glass lenses.

So......what do you think? Is this a one-piece globe? If so, then so is this one:

Richard

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
one of mine.

WTB. Arizona quarts,Indian signs/cans, Musgo/Shell/Speedway 79,graphic signs/cans,#616-886-4917...
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here's a Wadhams lamp post globe and advertisement from their salesman's book.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sitting on the floor in the route 66 museum in Santa Rosa N.M.

By rustyokie

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Couple more Sinclair globes and some info on them. First is a one piece Sinclair aircraft. It has an amature restoration on it. Nice thing with this globe, you know exactly what you have.

Next is a one piece globe body with a decal on it. I am pretty sure this decal was put on a long time ago. The reason decal globes probably are not very common is that the decals do not look like they hold up very well. Still a neat piece of history.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A few more.

This is a baked one piece HC, I believe there were also etched versions. Story on this one if I remember it right, the guy took it out of the original box and added it to his collection. It has since changed hands but it is still in like NOS condition.

Next is an etched Sinclair Gasoline, there was also a baked version of this one. This one appears to have original paint, some of the etched globes were repainted at one time or another. There are also baked and etched Sinclair oils globes.

Last is a one piece baked Sinclair aircraft. These are exceptional looking globes.

[This message has been edited by Wes Maxwell (edited 04-06-2008).]

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great globes. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast

"Jet" British brand now owned by Conoco

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
I have posted this before but it is still my only globe. It came out of a building that family owned in Mt Vernon IN

[This message has been edited by kburkett (edited 04-15-2008).]

[This message has been edited by kburkett (edited 04-16-2008).]

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Guys;

Looking good on the globe of the month posts! Keep them coming! I have been on vacation and Aaron has been busy with school stuff but we will add a bunch of 1-piece globe photos from the photo archives in the next couple of weeks. Thanks to everyone who has posted so far!

Lonnie

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a few photos from Maurice Campbell, souperhigh, of his one piece globes. Thanks to Maurice for sharing these pictures. If anyone else has pictures to share, please do, there are a few days left in the month!

Aaron

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved