Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
In the showcase section under "new camera for Christmas" I have posted a rather rare Ohio Oil/Marathon banner. My question is how do you guys display your banners. The cloth is getting old and the grommets aren't in the best of shape. Has anyone mounted one on a board and put glass over it? Just curious for ideas. Thanks.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Heres a couple ways. if you have the room on a walls you can make a frame out of wood that the banner can be stapled to then hung like a picture. if you don't have the room on the walls, witch most of us do not .
I made a frame, after measuring the 22" apart rafters, made it just a little bigger then the banner, with two pieces 1 1/2 " going accross for support, then put styro-foam with a hot glue gun in between the supports. Then you can buy rubber spray glue in the can. spray the hole thing an lay the banner on the glue and hand rub it, once the glue has dried. pre drilled screw holes at the marks for the rafter, start the screws, considering the thinkness of the sheet rock also. it takes two to hang it. I also have a couple of company flags on the ceiling, along with some posters. Now if your going to keep these items in your collection till you die, you can have your lovley Helga put a little starch on them an iron them , staple them on the frame then you can put a sealer on them. good luck.

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Ohio Oil, The best way to display that particular banner would be to transport it to your buddies house and hang it on the west wall of his shop. lol

+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Yup ,I agree with Jeff OHIO , send that Banner over and Jeff will Take good care of it. ok jeff I said it now send me the 10.00 .

Chris Holt
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
Cracking me up there partner. That was a good one.

J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Chris, The checks in the mail.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved