Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

Hey Guys 'n Gals!

Sorry I've neglected to get this thread started on time this month. Last week was kinda ridiculous at work, with not much sleep... But, better late than never I suppose. I'll try not to let it happen again.

So, it's time to share the petro relics that we've stumbled across in our recent travels, and check out what other people have found as well.

If you would like to contribute to this feature, simply post the pictures here or email them directly to me and I will post them for you. Be sure to include a story or description with your subissions.

If it's too close to the next installment, please note that I may hold your contribution for posting when the new FATW comes up on the 5th day of each month.
Send 'em in!!

Happy trails!

Wes

[This message has been edited by thermactor (edited 03-13-2007).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Let's start off with some stations from a little town nearby. Bob Drake turned me onto some neat stations here, starting with this old Citgo:

Check out the nice island lights!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Right down the street, we find this old Phillips 66 in good original shape. I'd like to get ahold of one of these someday...

And, right next to that one:

And, around the corner...

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Driving out in the country, Tara spotted this (Bennett?) pump...

I also saw a neat old tow truck that would be cool to park in front of a backyard station:

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
On the way to the Peotone show, I couldn't resist taking a few pics of this beauty. According to what I heard from Bob Drake, the station was sided over, and when they removed the siding, the original green paint stripes and lettering were underneath, albeit faded. They decided to restore the graphics, and did a great job!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Glad you got some pics of the C-S station Wes. I was by there when they had about half the siding off. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the old C-S stripes and logo.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
P
P
Out and about in Northern Wisconsin the other day and ran across this. Any idea on value? I might be able to buy it if I can figure how to get it down?
Hope this works... this is my first post with image.

P
P

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You were close, but had a few mistakes in the code.
You typed:

You needed:
[img]http://www.cokenstuff.com/stuff/FILE NAME/[/img]
be sure there are no blank spaces and be sure to use the corret .jpg .jpeg etc tag.

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 03-22-2007).]

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The sign pole should be worth $150+
This one has the light arms and shades so add $75-$100.
The sign looks to be in good condition. I'd guess it to be worth in the $400 range.
The bowl that holds the flame globe sells for $35-$75.
That thing is probably close to 17' high. Better to hire a crane that have someone get hurt.
Be sure to ask if they have any signs or globes.

P
P
Thanks for the help, I thought I inserted it correctly, but apparently not. I did stop and nose around a bit.. No signs of other "Goodies", and left a note. Will return in about a month.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
...LOVE the header, Wes - too cool...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Was down in the KC MO area working & ran across this old station on the way to work. The guy was really nice & loved Sinclair stuff. He was also redoing a 40s convertible Chrysler. This is one of about 5 places I found.

The station has this old CO-OP sign still out front. I am going to ask about it.

[This message has been edited by gasoildude (edited 03-24-2007).]

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Now for the inside.

He had a couple old scooters inside as well. He said he was going to redo it but I told him it was worth more the way it was with the original paint.

He also had this very very nice 48in Porcelain sign in the original hanger. There where no chips at all on it. One side was a little faded & the other side perfect. He said he got it about 20 years ago at Iowa gas for $150. I about well you get the picture

Thats it for now. I have more pictures to take on Sunday & I hope to get them all. My camera took a dive & had to get a new one. Now I have to get the other 4 places in one day + work. I hope I can do it & I will try

[This message has been edited by gasoildude (edited 03-24-2007).]

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Out and about in Northern Wisconsin the other day and ran across this. Any idea on value? I might be able to buy it if I can figure how to get it down. Coke-n-stuff.

Hey Coke-n-stuff,
Don't expect Kelly (the owner) to have a change of heart. I've been driving past that place on County K for 38 years and even talked to Kelly about it last year, she was under the impression the sign was worth a mint (thousands) and would never sell. Much as I'd like to have it I do enjoy seeing it still hanging around every May when I head back up there. Read more about the sign and others in the area in the September 2006 "Found Along the Way".
Ken

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved