Next Thread
Print Thread
#83383 Thu Jan 01 2004 08:26 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Check out my first pump that I restored. I did all the work except the actual painting because I have neither the shop nor the tools for the painting. My buddy Ralph painted for me.

See the before and after photos on PhotoIsland. Follow these directions: To get there, simply click the address below and enter your guest password:
trafficsignal
http://www.photoisland.com/servlet/GuestLogin?USERNAME=mike618b

If that doesn't work, go to www.photoisland.com, and log in to my albums with
the following information:

Log-in ID: mike618b
Guest Password: trafficsignal

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#83384 Thu Jan 01 2004 08:53 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike! That was easy...getting there... Nice pump...I have a 39 w/o ad glass done up in Mobilgas Special (see my Xmas card?)
Anywho, the order of the pictures @ photoisland.com sorta have me thinking you took a perfectly restored pump and turned it back into a worn weathered rust-bucket! (LOL). Thanks for sharing and of course Happy New year gas geek!

---DOC---

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#83385 Thu Jan 01 2004 09:11 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
It's nice Mike, Look forward to seeing your next restoration.

#83386 Thu Jan 01 2004 10:39 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Right on Mike...i dig it

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#83387 Fri Jan 02 2004 10:03 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Thanks everyone, sorry about the arrangement of the photos, thats just the way they uploaded from my computer. I forgot to tell the story about how I got it, so here it is. I work for a sandblasting company, and always wanted a gas pump, then one day a customer came in with the skins off a Tok. 300. I said to the guy I work with (Ralph, the man who painted my pump for me), When that guy comes in to pick that up, ask him where he got it. The next day he came in with the skins off a bennett, and he gave the buisness card of the guy who sold them to him to Ralph. After work, Ralph gave me the card, and I called the guy. He said I could go out to his place, and come to find out that the guy Deals in old car and gas stuff. When we got there, He showed me the Tok, and a few other pumps he had. I like the Tok, and asked him if he wanted to trade for some traffic signals, because I deal in traffic signals. He said to bring out what I had, so I did the next night. I ended up trading a car load of traffic signals for it. I got it on a Wednesday night, and by Friday I had it skinned, and Saturday I sandblasted the skins and gutted the frame. The next week, Ralph painted it for me, but the color was too orange, so I sanded it down, and repainted it Red. Besides the paint, the only major problem I had durring reassembly was I broke the original window when I tried to reinstall it. Not a big deal, I just went to a glass place, and they cut a new one for $5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved