Next Thread
Print Thread
#83589 Sun Aug 10 2003 03:20 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
The Seaside side, it took longer but was worth it. hands hurt every night from holding the small paint brush. large items not so bad but it's the small things so take care of your hands, no hitting them wrenches. but not too bad for a little fat guy. ha ha ha eh, Larry. them turkeys get up early when they hear that paint can ball a go-n ha ha ha .

I'd like to thank agin. Premopetrol,Flyingaman,h.earl,Morgan, for items and information.

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 08-10-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Dwaine Buck (edited 08-10-2003).]

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

#83590 Sun Aug 10 2003 03:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Outstanding Dwainey. Nice Job. Did I understand you correctly???? Did you paint the Seaside logo on the door by hand??? if you did ..Man - Thats great. Let us know.
---------------------------------------------
Hubba , sayin' Thumbs up Dwainey

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#83591 Sun Aug 10 2003 04:26 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
yep, all by hand, let the enamal paint dry for a couple days, and used the blue tape to tape it off, thinned the paint down a little so it would flow better, let each color dry for one day, then wet sanded the hole door then shot with clear, 1 hour later hanged it. theres a product in most Kragan auto stores called slickstuff from wax shop out of Bakersfield, use that after your paint has dried or clear , use it on your cars paint inbetween waxings or street rods after you get to rod runs, we use to use it on everything to make it (slick) wipe on wipe off, removes bugs,road film, everything great stuff, you'll love it and thank me for this info. ha ha ha ,

#83592 Sun Aug 10 2003 04:42 PM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Dwaine , nice job !! the stove pipe look is differant, how tall is that, great looking globe,A-38s are my weekness you did good!!!!!!

Chris Holt
#83593 Sun Aug 10 2003 06:04 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
If anyone would be interested in doing the stove pipe addition? 1' double pipe as for pellet type stoves, a piece of galvenize cut the same size as the globe ring so you can screw the ring to it and soilder it to the pipe. cut a circle of holes in the center of it about 1 1/2" across for the pvc pipe to come up through, so when your pump is at the frame stage remove the light socket that is for a globe light and add a 90pvc, 1/2"threaded one end on to it and run your wire up through the pipe, you don't have to glue the pvc, then when you put your pump togather I added longer mechine screws to hold the pipe in place and put a lock nut to lock it, then from gaspumpheaven when I ordered some parts they carry new light sockets and adapters , not hard , and I think it adds to it. have fun with yours Chris, and the door latches take them apart and clean and gress them and they work real good.

#83594 Tue Aug 19 2003 07:28 AM
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Hey Chris , the barber chair is right behind the pump. thats where the can display pump will sit. might take awhile ,

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved