Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here is a photo of a set of coffee mugs shaped like gas pumps. I have never seen another set. Someone got me these as a gift a few years back. If you can see - one is regular 'gas' and the other is 'decaf' gas.

Included in this shot are a couple of the 1:34 scale visibles that have been given to me over the years. People who know I collect gas pumps think that they have found the 'greatest thing since sliced bread' when they stumble accross these little pumps. They are unaware that there are dozens of these available everywhere - so they get them for me.

Later . . .

Jim

[This message has been edited by T-way (edited 10-02-2003).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This shot is part of my collection of Hallmark Kiddie Car Classics. There is also a drive-in and various road signs, more pedal cars, etc. If you can see - the red gas pump globe actually lights up! There is also a lubester with a pull handle and wheels, a tire display, a lube rack complete with a tool box that has a lift-off tray with tools in it and various signs.

Later . . .

Jim

[This message has been edited by T-way (edited 10-02-2003).]

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Ok guys, here's some of my stuff. Since I collect cookie jars, my collection just wouldn't be complete without a gas pump cookie jar.

Jodi

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
The next thing I have here is my Polly Gas gumball machine. The kids have fun with this at our summer party. It takes any coin up to a quarter and gives you anywhere from one to five gumballs at a time. (Just depends how special you are apparently)

Jodi

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Now, this last one is my pride and joy. Buying this was actually Jim's idea and when we got it, I took it over for my collection of Franklin Mint die cast Corvette models (sorry, honey). The globe lights up as well as the inside display area. There's glass on three sides and a mirror down the back. I have my Corvettes on all the shelves except the bottom one which has one of Shirley Muldowney's drag car models and our oldest boy also has one of his race car models down there. It's hard to tell in the picture, but mixed in among the models are gas pumps of various sizes and shapes - these are Jim's. He's been nice enough to let me display them with my models - they look pretty cool scattered among the cars. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, this is the only life-size gas pump allowed in the house. Sorry guys.

I know none of these were actually "toys", but I thought they would fit fairly well in this category. Keep posting everyone - these collections are fun to look at.

Jodi

[This message has been edited by T-way's Keeper (edited 10-02-2003).]

[This message has been edited by T-way's Keeper (edited 10-02-2003).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Everyone...This is some shots of the shelf above my computer ..its about ten feet long and about 4 inches wide. i think the old gal we bought our House from used it to display collector plates but when I moved in it became the classic car gas opump shelf...go figure , huh.

have a great day all.
--------------------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA

The above images are from pumpman2. Thanks for sharing them, Jerry.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Thanks to jim for posting my pic's,and to
the rest of you who volentered to post.
---JERRY

------------------

JERRY
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Thanks to everyone that helped with thier collectables. Theres so much out there to collect, keep up the good work and helping the Hobby. I had some to post but I've put enough out there already. have fun and a great week end, HTH.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here's a set of old cast lead gas pumps still in the original box.
Here's a tin toy from the 1950's one of the globes is missing. Other than that, it's near mint.
A tin tanker, Marx gas island with light up globes.
This tin Wyandotte "Day and Night" station is a hard one to find ! Art Deco design, cars came with the set.

------------------
Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
Vintage Gas

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Lots of cool little collectables...keep those photos coming.

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Here is a strange toy gas station that I picked up. I think it was made for a train set.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
WHAT?? CAN'T A GUY SMELL GOOD??? YEP COUNT THEM,, THERES 25 OF THEM.. AND MY CORNWELL TOOLS 34 FORD SEDAN DELIVERY AND 32 COUPE,, MAN,,,,, THEY DON'T GIVE THOSE AWAY..... T-BONE

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jeesh T-Bone..you keep that Idaho Avon Lady Busy my friend...LOL
-------------------------------------------
Hubba, sayin..COOL

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
D
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
D
Oh Avon lady, Oh Avon lady, Louise needs some smelly stuff, ha ha ha , I told you guys about Louise wearing them Raybans , rideing shoot gun in the tow truck , ha ha ha , smells good Louise. how about a little kiss for the T-bone man ha ha ha , them Idaho boys really know how to sweep a lady off her feet, ha ha ha ,

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved