Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Great pictures and coverage Mr. Sim. Thanks much. Really enjoyed viewing it all.....

It's great to live in the Midwest with all of this stuff close by!!!

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
ANSWERS:
I made a mistake on the Wayne display, I was a little tired when I posted this, I should have put Wayne 71 showcase.
The Tokheim 36B display was one sided display (were they all like that, I have seen one before besides in my literature?). I think Miles purchased it.
And your correct, $5000 for a set of Mobil bottles, we were all shaking our heads about that one. You also need to remember soneone bid $4975 to get this guy to spend the 5 grand.

[This message has been edited by Jack Sim (edited 05-26-2004).]

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
S
S
HI JACK, GREAT TO MEET YOU. THANKS FOR THE HELP ON IDENTIFING SOME OF THE UNMARKED PUMPS. I WILL BE POSTING MORE OF THE AUCTIONS RESULTS LATER, THE OIL RACK AND BOTTLES SOLD FOR $4000.00 AND A VERY INTERESTING COUPLE FROM IDAHO BOUGHT THEM. THEY FLEW IN ON FRIDAY AND RENTED A CAR TO COME TO THE AUCTION SITE, THEY BOUGHT SEVERAL ITEMS AT THE SALE ON SAT. & SUN. THEY ENDED UP CANCELING THERE FLIGHT BACK TO IDAHO AND DRIVING THE RENTAL CAR TO HAUL HOME THERE PURCHASES. ROLLIE SMITH

B
B
Great pictures Jack and nice auction to

This is only possible in your country

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The Mobil diamond bottles in this auction had some major flaws. Sometime in there life the filling "bills" were cut off and holes soldered shut so they could be filled with something other than the proper Mobil attachment. I've seen many like this over the years and have found them hard to sell......just an observation.
Jim

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
right on jack loved the post. cheese

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved