Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
OP Offline
U
My first post; I have this ancient "Penn-Rad" oil can/oiler (I hope the pic I UBB'd came through), the oldest can ever of my humble collection. Anyone have any insight as to app what date this would be from? Was Penn-Rad affiliated with Pennzoil? Just curious.
**Shameless namedrop: I'm from Seattle and a friend of DJHubba's..
-Thanks,
Eric bb23@galaxy-7.net

eric cooley
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Welcome to Old gas Eric, If you want to make any friends around here you can't go around telling people that you are a friend of Hubba's!!!!
Hubba is the guy that wears the pink To-Tos and does unthinkable things for silver bullets, now do you want us to think that you are %#*^#@$%#@ also?
Just kidding, any friend of Hubba's is a friend of ours also!!
Again welcome to Old gas! Will you be going down to Fred's for the gas bash?
Don

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas my friend. The warm glow of a Decorobot is endearing. Eric already knows i am a wierdo..a loveable one but a wierdo non the less...lOL

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
Hey Eric... Welcome. If you are a friend of Hubbas, you are automatically a friend of mine.
Like it or not... You have made a new friend. Looking forward to meeting you at a PNW Gas Geek Bash/Breakfast/Tour/etc...

------------------
Frank

Frank
U
OP Offline
U
newby post #2: when and where is Fred's gathering?
In case you all didn't know, Hubba has a friggin' AMAZING collection of petroliana-I was pretty in awe last time over at his..er..Compound, he heh..
..so what's the verdict on my 'ol PENN-RAD can? is it as ancient as I figured?
Ericorobot

eric cooley
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Eric, welcome to the site!! Fred's bash is June 4th -5th in Santa Rosa, Cal.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Eric ...thanks for the compliments on my collection but it pales in comparison to many...I do what I can to add to it and hunting fro this stuff is all I think about..well..that and Girls..oh wait ..food too...oh and silver bullets...LOL. ok, ok , tattoos and Music too...and old cars...LOL.... I dont know an exact age on your can but if I had to guess I would guess mid 30's to early 40's. I am not sure how desireable the embossed bulk containers are ..like anything...if you find the right person it will do great. I have had some Texaco embossed bulk swing arm containers in the past that did well on ebay...but as we all know ebay is hit or miss. If its a keeper..enjoy it..if its for sale...Good luck my friend.

------------------

[This message has been edited by djhubba (edited 05-28-2004).]

U
OP Offline
U
ahhh..not that "ancient" then..oh well, that's cool, it's part of my collection now.
Could someone post a link to more info on Fred's bash? I've been itching to do the fabled I-5/101 California road trip again (though born and bred in Seattle, I lived in San Luis Obispo a few year back--Cal Poly)and love that area...good excuse to drag my girly along for a road trip, she actually appreciates oldgas stuff..imagine that! (said girly also branded by hubba!) But I'm sure that's a whole other post topic.
Eric
PS. Not nearly as cool as my '32 Penn Franklin then eh?

eric cooley
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Now were talking Buddy..that Penn Franklin quart makes my Blood flow...Just think of how many tattoos I would give you for that old junky can...LOL. If you can do the road trip ...Freds shouldnt be missed my friend...always a great time. Lots of vendors ...food...beer...wine...and oil can car races ( races with homemade cars made out of old oilcans) WHAT A BLAST. He doesnt have a website but its on oldredwood HWY In Santa Rosa...cant miss it,....I am at work but call me tomorrow at the house for an address. Whoohooo

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved