Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
Here is the wayne 60 I got from Iowa. Still trying to put the shipping together, looks like a solid one. The thing in globe holder is a coffee can. I think this one will be Polly.
My first 60, a keeper.

I remember the good old days when gold was worth more than rust!
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
M
Looks good. Nice retofit of the hose outlet. At least they left the original one for ya.

Better get them to remove the reset crank before shipping. It probably wouldn't make the trip in one piece.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Jeff - keep the globe and make it a Folgers or Maxwell House pump...LOL
---------------------------------------------
Hubba

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
yep thats the one!
its a terrible looking pump! look all the paints cracked! someone cut a hole in the side for the cool hose outlet! are you sure you want it???!!! i can go get it if you wanna back outta the deal! --- i think i see a whizzer hanging up in that shed behind it?!! oh is that a pile of early ford parts layin back there too?

tell ya what: ill go pick it up for you since im kinda close & we will keep it here since i have room to store it until we find a super super SUPER deal on getting it transported! hows that sound?

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
OH HEY I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING!
thats a hinged door 60!
OH MAN......you dont want one of those!!!!!!!! you want the clip on doors!!!
OOOOOOH NOOOOO i hope you can still back outta the deal!!!!!!

HEY im here for ya man if you wanna back outta the deal!!!!!

A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
Man, you would do that for me??? That is too kind, I could not ask that much of you. If you wanted to pick it up and meet me in Arizona that would be OK.
I thought you guys would like that factory outlet, man that is rare. These D'Wayne 60's were produced for the little people. (Dwaine) ha ha ha
I was thinking of doing it Folgers, I think Yuban would look better. Fill it to the rim with Brim lol! Maybe a bad ass Orange pump... decaf! Doesn't Slama or Lance make a Sanka globe?

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
well i cant head for Arizona just yet, but it will be safe as heck in my hands right here until i can get over to Arizona.
ill let you know right away when im going that way! LOL!!!

i think its a good pump! its got the aluminum globe holder, its a hinged door, someone capped the top of it to protect the VR from snowflakes.
now post us the price you paid! ????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone on here is curious as to how much one of these sells for!!!!!!!!!!

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I bet it was 606.06..
Bet 2Tone would trade a primered Wayne 60 thats nice and straight for that one, Elvis does not like paint on his pumps. I am waiting to see a pre-visible with doors from Elvis..Done up in Burmese python skin with a globe that say's "BUUURRP"

<><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><<><>< ><
We always call them pre-visibles with doors,"Pump that looks like a snake that swallowed a Cow !!"..LOL.dodogas

I was gonna pick that pump up when it was on ebay last week. Looks like the aquaman got the seller to cancel all bids and end the auction early. Nothing wrong with that, they usually wont do it for me though. So, what did you end up paying for it???? It sure is a nice one.

Ryan
(still wayne 60less in Duluth)

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
I figured many of you might be bidding on it. I am lucky it was too late for people to set it up for pick at the Iowa bash.
I was able to get the guy to end the auction because I am nice... he likes me! I told him what I wanted to do, what I wanted to pay and we made a deal. He is a good guy, pump has been there for 35+ years.
I will post more info and pictures when I get it back here.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
DOG GONE that pump is in my backyard and it got away to the West Coast. Somethings wrong with that!! Tell me where it is and I will store it for you and you can come pick it up in a few years when your ready to restore it.
(Maybe he will forget about it by then!)

P.S. There is a little known law in Iowa that says no old gas pumps can be transported or sold out of state. So I guess it has to stay.

Nice pump Aqua.

[This message has been edited by keithia (edited 08-18-2003).]

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YEAH.......... HOW MUCH???????? WORDS OF WISDOM,,, """NEVER END AN AUCTION EARLY""" COOL PUMP!!!

A
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
A
No, the law is that in Iowa a man and a sheep can't be married. (they can live in sin though)
I don't remember how much, I will remember once it get back here and is in the garage

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
YES like Dodo says, ill trade you a a real nice 60 for it thats got a leather snakey like skin on it. its very rare too! it looks exactly like a wayne 70 BUT...believe me its NOT!!! its got a tag on the side that says cut 60!----???
i think that also came outta iowa?!! since your hung up on iowa pumps would that be anything you might be interested in doing? --------- heehee

[This message has been edited by tom 2 tone (edited 08-19-2003).]

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Aqua, the first thing you need is a SITE GLASS NUT-"WRENCH!" for a Wayne 60!
order one on your next order! the site glass comes off real hard on 60s & you dont want to mess up the fins!
AND once you work on a 60 you will want another 60 to work on! and another and another etc... etc..

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved