Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

I KNOW...I KNOW - THE BOTW THREAD IS STARTING RATHER EARLY. BUT I DON'T THINK I WILL BE ANYWHERE'S NEAR A COMPUTER IN THE NEXT FIVE HOURS. SO WOULD LIKE TO START EARLY INSTEAD OF LATER.

I AM STILL WITHOUT A DIGITAL CAMERA, SO WILL POST MY OWN "BUYS" DURING THE WEEK OR NEXT WEEK.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I CAN POST STORIES AND IMAGES FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T. EMAIL ME YOUR "BUYS" @ drcoke@optonline.net

SO LET'S GET THOSE "BUYS" ROLLIN'!

THANKS!!

DOC @ TAG/EAST
YOUR BOTW HOST!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Today's (Sun) auction stuff:

NOS w/hanging brackets, etc - and only $12.50 - plan use this one

Sinclair washing - 2nd one this month

------------------
Ron Bettin
740-774-OHIO(6446)
bettin@bright.net

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Also today's auction stuff:

The Pure has a nice white porcelain body under that blue paint:

Yesterday's auction - Shell sign

A few freshly restored pumps picked up two weeks ago - not yet posted - 5gal Mae West in same pattern as my 10gal; Original showcase Wayne 60 with new insert in Shell; and another Bennett 541 in HC to match existing (now have 4 total in stock); Toke36B in (older restor)Skychief - bought as is.

------------------
Ron Bettin
740-774-OHIO(6446)
bettin@bright.net

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 05-22-2005).]

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Also this week's purchase for delivery at Columbus show - 92 inches in diameter - it has sandpaper paint on metal finish:

This week's Ebay buys:

Paid to much for this one - but wanted it.

This Dodge Plymouth is in blue - we already have the black one thanks to Scott (quartcans).

------------------
Ron Bettin
740-774-OHIO(6446)
bettin@bright.net

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 05-22-2005).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Awesome stuff Ron! You pick up stuff that I can only dream of...

While I'm not blessed with fabulous wealth, I did pick up these two items this week:

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Great stuff Ron. What did the Shell clam globes go for, I had a friend that viewed the stuff Saturday and said there were 3? What did the Wayne visible go for?

Thanks, Phil

Thanks, Phil
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
Phil - I don't remember exactly, but guess the regular clam(needed paint) about $325 and the Super Shell Ethyl $1,500+/-.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
My garage sale Saturday morning yielded nothing more than some padded bar stools for my garage/museum. I thought I was going to have to post pictures of the bar stools, but around noon on Saturday a friend called from Santa Maria (about 30 miles north) and said he was at an estate sale and they had a bunch of oil cans. He described what he was looking at and asked if I wanted him to make a deal for me. Sounded like mostly common quarts and a lubester, but the price was right so I said go for it.

I went up to pick up the stuff from him a couple of hours later. When I got there he suggested I go over to the estate sale and look around because there might be some more stuff I would want. In the meantime I had called my brother who lives in Santa Maria and told him to check it out for stuff he collects.

To make a short story longer, I went over there and filled two small boxes with more stuff. As I was shopping my brother called and said that he had already been there and gone and had socred some stuff for me too.

Between my two pickers and me I ended up with this stack of garage sale goodies.

I bought the lubester for Thunders sake so he could see how plenitful they are out here. You can find them at garage sales for 35 bucks. (That's 10 bucks more than my limit on lubesters but this one is original without a bunch of paint layers and brand changes.)

Lot's of Valvoline and Pennzoil but there were a few gems hidden back in the shelves.

At these kinds of sales I always try and pick up a couple of items that I think will cover what I paid for everything. That way I can sell them and be into my collection for even money. In this case the big score was a pair of NOS 1963 black and yellow California license plates. Anyone with 1963 show car need a set of perfect plates???

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey everyone.

Here's my buys of the 'past two weeks'.

First off, the nozzle I got at Michigan Gas.

I tried to buy one like this on Friday - but the seller wouldn't meet my offer. So I got this one on Saturday for the price I wanted to pay. It has the script lettering on the side that reads 'Gilbarco'. It'll be kewl when I get it polished.

Next is the 1950's 'Roger Ray Gun' nozzle that I got at an antique store this past Friday. I couldn't pass it up - it looked so fifty-ish.

This one will be polished also. It's all aluminum so it should come out brilliant.

Finally, the braided-brass nozzle end I got at Michigan gas. I'd never seen one of these. As soon as I find a good brass nozzle to polish - this puppy is gonna be attached to it.

It's all brass - even the braided portion. It has a 'flapper valve' in the end that closed when the liquid hits it to let you know to release the handle. Heck - it even has the original box.

Later . . .

Jim

------------------
www.T-waysGraphics.com

[This message has been edited by T-way (edited 05-23-2005).]

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Roger Ray Gun... wow...

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T-Way,
I need one [Roger Ray Gun ]for my UGLY NOZZLE COLLECTION !
db

Poorman,
A couple yrs. ago the DEL VAC can was bring $45-75. The Hy Flash is kinda plain [real plain], but not often seen, about $45.
Nice haul.
Can I bring my truck up for an oil change ? You can have the empties !
db

[This message has been edited by Dick Bennett (edited 05-23-2005).]

B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
awesome t-way 1st i have seen the ray gun...... cheese likes ray gun

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
db

I'll trade you some motor oil for some re-lids. I have several now that need caps including the Delvac. Thanks for the info on the cans BTW. The Hy-flash is rough but the Delvac is pretty clean. I like the service man graphics on the hand cleaner can even though it's not a big collector can.

C Cragg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No problem, I've got lids.
db

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Dick, I thought they were "tops" that you collected, not lids!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved