Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

HELLO & GOOD EVENING FELLOW OLDGASSERS!
IT'S SUNDAY, IT'S 7PM AND YOU ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS....RIGHT? OF COURSE YOU DO! TIME TO SHOW EVERYONE YOUR "BUYS OF THE WEEK!"

WAS THIS PAST WEEK GOOD TO YOU? DO YOU SCORE BIG OR LITTLE...WE DON'T CARE...WE JUST WANT TO SEE THOSE BUYS....RIGHT HERE....RIGHT NOW!

HERE ARE MINE:

THIS 15" X 60" HAS IT'S BATTLE SCARS LEAVING IT WITH A PRETTY ROUGH EDGE:

AND BECAUSE THE EDGES LOOKED TO BE A TETANUS SHOT WAITING TO HAPPEN...HERE'S HOW I CURED THAT....

THEN THIS....CERTAINLY NOT A GEM WHEN I FOUND AND INQUIRED ABOUT IT. THIS 5' PLASTIC SIGN HAD OTHER THINGS GOING ON IT'S SURFACE IN ADDITION TO MEGA-DIRT STAINS. HEY IT WAS FREE AND I HAD TO ALL BUT BEG THE EARTH TO RELEASE IT FROM IT'S GRIP! I GOT IT HOME THANKS TO A FRIEND WHO SAW ME WALKING IT OVER TO A NEARBY FARMYARD AND OFFERED ME A RIDE HOME WHERE I TOOK MY PALM SANDER LOADED WITH 60!, THEN 150, 220, 400 (2X) AND 600 WET 1X. THEN POLISHING COMPOUND 2X AND FINISHED WITH MAGUIRE'S CLEANER WAX. THE DIRT IS STILL FAINTLY THERE BUT THE SIGN LOOKS A WHOLE LOT BETTER!

SO LET'S SEE WHAT YOU DRAGGED HOME, WON ON EBAY OR BOUGHT ALONG THE WAY!

THANKS!

DOC @ TAG/WEST
YOUR B.O.T.W. HOST!

[This message has been edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE (edited 05-15-2005).]

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Spoils of the day - local swap meet-anyone want any better pics just ask- Whiz rack was from last week-

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
super ford sign found at michigan gas by dave stump, this is daves buy of the week.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
found this one at local sale!

Kansas City Co. New Discovery Globe!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I actually got these items at Ohio Gas last week.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I found this can at an antique mall today.

This table and chairs aren't petroliana related, but cool none the less. The table is porcelain.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Saturday out on the road:

I offer quart can re-lidding, can rolling, lid stamping, and dent removal.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't have a pic, but I picked up a Gilbarco 96C at a local salvage yard this week. It was one of two pumps that the yard had, the other was a Bennet 510(?) clockface. My friend found it, and "let" me have the Gilbarco. Brady

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Well, my dry run is over! Not having ANYTHING to work on in my shop today, being a somewhat crippled geek, being I haven't spent any money for any toys lately, I hit the road today, attended an auction and purchased EVERYTHING they had related to petro. Here's the fruits of my fling;

A complete Tokheim 500 & an American 2487-V (skinless but I can deal with that, no problem). I had to take the top and the cylinder off the Tokheim to get it on the truck.

2 original lenses, a 13 1/2" Sky Chief with body & a 15" Red Crown - mint condition on both lenses!!

A Hy Power thermometer, an unidentified porcelain sign (probably not petro) and a Standard Oil thermometer;

Thanks for looking,

Neal

[This message has been edited by gas pump freak (edited 05-15-2005).]

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
hi anyone know tee tees email like the texaco sign

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Here is a sign I found in an old Pontiac Dealership, the owners son found it in the rafters in the attic. It had never been used. Thanks

Edited to make image appear.

Here are a few more signs I found on the same trip. Thanks
http://pumps.theedwardsteam.com/uploads/files/IM000133.JPG

[This message has been edited by pumps&signs (edited 05-17-2005).]

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
POPS - THAT TABLE AND CHAIR SET COULD BE FROM MEXICO. A LAWYER FRIEND OF MINE WAS ALWAYS VACATIONING THERE AND BRINGING A DIFFERENT ON HOME EACH TIME. LAST I SAW HE HAD ABOUT 8 DIFFERENT INCLUDING ONE LIKE YOURS. THEY ALSO MADE ONE (PORC) THAT HAD A CHESS/CHECKERS BOARD ON TOP!

PUMP & SIGNS - GREAT FIND ON THAT SIGN. UNUSUAL GRAPHICS FOR MOTOR OVERHAUL SERVICE. THAT'S GOT TO BE PRETTY RARE!

EVERYONE ELSE - GREAT STUFF SO FAR....LET'S KEEP 'EM COMIN'!

DOC @ TAG/EAST

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I scored 3 ofthese @ local swap meet this weekend very cheap. Condition is not bad. couple of dents on back sides, color very good. Rick http://img241.echo.cx/my.php?image=conocohoop0057kc.jpg

[This message has been edited by Lastgas15 (edited 05-17-2005).]

Rick H, Sacramento Ca.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Doc,
Yeah, it came from an outdoor cafe in Mexico. The guy I got this one from had another version with something written in Spanish on it a couple of years ago. Do you have any idea what its worth? Its not for sale, just curious.

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
POPS - LOOKS TO BE OF 60'S-70'S VINTAGE. IN THE COND. IT'S IN - I'D SAY IT'S WORTH $125-150. MAYBE MORE IF THE CHAIRS SEEM TO HAVE ORIGINAL PAINT AND THE SEAT PART IS METAL.

DOC @ TAG.EAST

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved