Next Thread
Print Thread
#9791 Mon Mar 15 2004 04:29 PM
M
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
M
Did this today with help from the gas equipment dealer. I swapped out my dirty wheels with ones from a new computer.

They are now 4 wheel and the marking are different so choose your wheels. They use a "star" screw instead of the older Allen screws.

Undo the Allen screws on the side with the wheel shaft grooved end. The bracket just comes off. Now take a rod similar in size to the wheels shaft and shove it through the shaft hole, forcing the original shaft out.
Your wheels should be on this new shaft still in the computer. Now use a similar shaft that is less than the width of the INSIDE of the computer and do the same thing.
The wheels should now be on this shaft and can come out all at once(remove the totalizer, pry off metal cap covers if in place.)
You will need to swap like sides as the gearing is diff on each side.
Now repeat the procedure with the new computer, new wheels on short shaft, and swap your wheels out. Line up the replacement wheels in the old computer and get your original wheel shaft and push back into place, forcing the short shaft out.
Put the bracket with grooves back in place and move the wheels so the gears mesh, reset to 0, and line up the "cotter pin" on the other end of the wheel shaft in its groove.
Replace your totalize and you are done.

Here are pictures of newer computers showing the sides with the bracket you'll remove. http://www.benfordfueling.com/shop/product80.html

This only cost me time and no decals needed.
The bottom smaller pricing wheels just remove the cotter pin and slide up to replace.

Hope this helps someone
Mark

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#9792 Mon Mar 15 2004 04:41 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Hey Mark.. Your discription couldn't have come a a better time. I'm right in the middle of cleaning mine. As paint has come off of some of the wheels. I had no idea what to do except get the tape..

Thanks you have been a big help..
Jerry

Regards ....
Jerry J .....
#9793 Mon Mar 15 2004 04:49 PM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Mark, Thanks for the info, I too am restoring the Veedor Root unit for a pump I am restoring and the wheels are faded badly. I dont like the appearance of the stickers. I'l be out in the shop tonight trying your method. Thanks Again,
Jeff

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved