Next Thread
Print Thread
#99955 Sun Nov 11 2007 08:59 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
Does anyone have a picture of a Rapidayton Cut 100.Just Curious. I have never seen a picture of another one or ever seen one at a swap meet. I've had this one for about 10 years.

You can view other pictures of some of my pumps at http://www.geocities.com/tim_rohr/index.html

[This message has been edited by Tim Rohr (edited 11-11-2007).]

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#99956 Sun Nov 11 2007 11:26 AM
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
That's a great pump...I've always liked them. I've had two. I'm sure I have a picture of a complete one around here somewhere...I'll try to find it and post it for you. Yours is missing the top. There was a great big bonnet tht fit on top of the cast metal piece that you have your globe sitting on. I know it appears complete since there is a "collar" on top of the cast piece that can accomodate a globe, but the bonnet has a collar that sits there and tightens down the same way a globe would (with set screws). The globe sat on top of the bonnet and the underside of the bonnet was painted white so as to reflect the light on to the cylinder...they look really cool with the bonnet on. Also, I don't know if you have already figured it out or not yet, but the pump should not be coming out of the lower side...this was a crank-style pump, and the handle attached behind the big cast "Rapidayton" door. That way you could lock it up at night as well. I had an extra bonnet for one of those for years, but finally sold it. You might get lucky and someone on here has one for sale??? I think, if memory serves, the pump was manufactured around 1923. Hope that helps.

#99957 Sun Nov 11 2007 11:47 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow....
Be glad to have one of these types of pump....

In germany sometimes appear pumps that look similar..The casedoors can be openen as wings and I guess we called this type of the 20ies " IRON MAIDEN " ......

If one of those similar ones is completly with glascylinder and offered for sale itīs around 3000 .- to 5000.- Dollar....

Andy

#99958 Mon Nov 12 2007 01:57 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
This does have a top(bonnet). Were you referring to something else that fits on top of this?

I always assumed this was an air driven pump and the farmewr did a crude job of chiseling a hole in the side to fit a hand pump in it.

[This message has been edited by Tim Rohr (edited 11-12-2007).]

#99959 Mon Nov 12 2007 02:35 PM
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
Tim,
Yes, it does have something else that sits on top of that bonnet. There's a picture of a complete one in Jack's book...in case ou don't have it, here's a picture of it -

As for being air-operated, I don't think they ever were, but I guess there's a possibility. Anyhow, this picture shows where the handle would have gone...just behind the door. I'm still looking for a picture of the ones I've had.

[This message has been edited by petropumps (edited 11-12-2007).]

#99960 Mon Nov 12 2007 03:37 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have Jack's book. The right hand pump in the picture is a cut 200. Mine is the cut 100 shown on the left, according to Jack's book it's listed as air operated.

#99961 Mon Nov 12 2007 04:51 PM
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
Yeah, it does say that, doesn't it? They must have made them both ways then, possibly? Both of the ones I had were hand-crank, and the crank fit in to the round fitting just behind the door. It was designed so that you could shut the cast door and the wooden handle end of the crank would fit in the dog-leg shaped cut-out of the door and then lock-up. You should be abel to tell pretty quickly if yours was hand or air-operated by pulling the skins and taking a look. Anyhow, definitly a cool pump. Good luck with it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved