So here’s the story, and I’m stickin’ to it!! I was sitting here a few days ago trying to decide what else to include in this COTM, so I took a few pictures……..including this one………….

Then it occurred to me that even with 25 or so pump plates in my collection (see page 2 of this posting), I don’t have the ones that would have been on the pumps with these 2 globes. That’s OK……I’ve always considered the Mobil Kerosene shield PP the most difficult one to find, so let’s ask the OldGassers to tell us (or better yet, show us) what pump plates would have been used with these 2 globes. I even contacted collector Glenn Zirkle and got him to send a picture of his Mobil Kerosene PP, which is shown below…..

In addition to someday (1) being able to afford one of Richard Amistadi’s high quality signs, and (2) having a collection like Rex’s……….one of my goals in life is to have a sign just like this one hanging on MY wall!!

Then I must have had a brain fart or somethin’………because I just realized I don’t even know what the Mobilgas Ethyl pump plate looks like!! The two globes appear to be from the same time period, but I’ve been told by an expert that’s not necessarily so. Help me out here guys and gals……..what pump plate would have been on a pump with this Mobilgas Ethyl globe??

Richard

[This message has been edited by pegasus (edited 03-31-2005).]

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas