...my FAVORITE sign is a 30" Gulf sign, in just about perfect shape...but since everyone probably knows what they look like, I thought I'd post the runner-up:

...I got the No-Nox Ethyl sign at the second or third Mason-Dixon Gas, back when it was in Ellicott City, at the Lions' Club...early on, during set-up, one of the dealers had it under his arm, walking around, taking offers...I finally got a price and was stunned...it was nearly my whole 'show budget', and I had never spent that much on a piece...at that point I asked a good friend, with MUCH more experience in the hobby than I...he replied that I'd 'never see another one'...that did it (thanks, Wayne)...I remember feeling almost queasy handing the money to the guy, but I've never regretted it...

...later, another dealer at the same show saw me with it under MY arm, and asked to see it...he said, 'yep, I thought so...I've got the price signs that go on this'...needless to say, I got two of them from him not long after (thanks, Ron) and got the third at Columbus from the same guy Ron had bought his from years earlier...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...