Thanks very much for the info guys - nice to know I wasn't going completely mad! My dad ran the Shell petrol station in a little country town called Carnamah in Western Australia back in the 1960's. I think he was also the regional rep for Shell but I am not 100% sure. I know he used to work on the industrial side for a while because before he died he blamed his rare cancer on some of the chemicals he worked with at Shell.

Funny, though, Dad was not a collector of Automobilia at all. The things that he collected and are important to me (and will never be sold) are things related to my grandfathers campaign in WWII in the pacific.

Thus this item, whilst nice, doesn't have the emotional attachment for me and I had always planned to sell it as part of the big clean out.

I'm really, really embarrassed to admit that I had planned to sell it at the garage sale for $10 before I found out about this website :0

So any recommendations on the best place to sell and for roughly how much? And the first person who says $10 will get a boomerang thrown at him!!!

Marcus