I DECIDED TO POST THIS PROBABLY BECAUSE OF THE RECENT POSTING ABOUT CRAIGSLIST,AND ALOT OF THE BULL$#!% THAT COMES ALONG WITH THAT SITE! HERES A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE I HAD WHEN I REPLIED TO A AD! I MET A GUY NAMED SAM,WE GET TO TALKING AND SAM MENTIONED THAT HE HAD RECENTLY HAD A BUILDING PROJECT A OLD BUILDING HE WAS RESTORING,AND HE SAYS HE GOT SOME LEFTOVERS FROM THE PROJECT THAT HE HAS TO SELL,AND MENTIONED THAT THE BUILDING WAS A "TEXACO STATION ORIGINALLY BUILT BACK IN 1935 shocked shocked shocked shocked WELL HERES WHAT HE HAD TO SAY!
ORIGINAL E-MAIL OFFER!
I restored a 1935 Texaco station and am about done with this project so if you visit you can see the station. If you haven't been around a complete, original station from the 30s... it's quite a visual treat. There is old stuff everywhere here including old tractors.. antique vehicles from the 30s... so if you like the old stuff you'll enjoy visiting here---some of it's for sale.. a lot of it is not for sale but I bet you will find something to carry home with you.

I make you welcome to visit if you're seriously interested and promise you that I'm worth the trip. You will never forget my place.

"QUOTE" My little Texaco is different from most in that it was built and opened for business when the highway here in front of my house was built back in 1935. The "store" as my wife and I refer to it... is a simple one room structure that served the needs of the local community as a tire repair.. groceries...gas... oil.. and notions by order....mercantile. Sort of an all purpose store. The builder / owner was a local man who was a real artisan with wood and with rock and mortar. He did a great deal of rock and beautification works around the store and because of this the Texas Highway Department awarded him with a Beautification Award in 1937. The plaque has been on the front of the building since that time and remains so today. Many is the time I have looked up at that big Texas Star with the Alamo in the background and read the words on this award. I have an original photo dated July 1939 and the photo is over the man's shoulder on the wall of the building in this picture. The station is exactly today as it appears in that July 1939 photo. Nothing has been changed! I have not yet sought out information on a Texas Historical Marker for this building yet but do feel strongly that it would be worthy.

The store closed in 1948 and since that time sat untouched until I received it back in 2007. I knew the people who built the store and they were a childless couple who kept my brothers and I on occasion. They were kind of a second set of grandparents to us. I grew up around the store but we were never allowed inside! I was 42 years old before I ever got to go in the store! You can imagine the curiosity of a young child and then multiply it all these years!
Hope you can visit soon!

HERE'S THE ORIGINAL PHOTOS HE SENT ME
AND LOOK AT THESE TREASURES WE ARE MAKING A OFFER ON!
HE HAS INVITED ME & MY FAMILY TO TAKE A TOUR IN LATE APRIL!
"LEFTOVERS" CAN YOU BELIEVE! shocked

1sam.jpg 2sam.jpg sam3.jpg 4sam.jpg
Last edited by diesel; Thu Mar 18 2010 10:24 AM.

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS