Originally Posted By: roadrelics
His name is ray schope & is very well known in the antique advertsing world, i first seen him approx. 20 years ago at the Indy Ad Show, long before many were collecting......ask guys like Wayne Woodrum king of the clocks, Bob Newman from L.A. with a couple million dollar collection.......i could give many more names of people who would confirm this but i better keep them out of it..Bob & Wayne are very vocal about it & will confirm it...he has been reproducing signs for more than 20 years & selling them as original, however he stays mostly with the soda & generic advertising howevr has dabbled with anything that he can make money with....he use to come to the Indy Ad Show to try & sell to the dealers there, until he was kicked out....I could go on & on about this guy...he is among the worst.......

here are some of his reproduction bogus clocks & signs on ebay right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/1959-SUNDROP-Light-U...=item588a539a8e

This is a 15" square clock face for Sundrop Cola. Marked and dated 1959 "SHOULD SAY 2007" with the Pam Clock Co name at the bottom. When "lit up" the background is a dark green. The face fits "any" square light-up 15" Pam clock...such as Coke, Bulova, Kodak etc. Sundrop clocks sell around $500, as listed in the Advertising Clocks book, and were a step ahead of their time because of the intricate "pinup girl" photographic process involved to create the face back then. The face is a high gloss plastic "duratrans film" that fits between 2 pieces of clear glass(not included) as originally made. Instructions are also included on how to install it on your clock. "Only a very few available for sale". Ya right that is why he has sold over 60 of them in the last 3 years. Most legitimate collectors and or sellers would be happy for a life time to find even 10 of an original item but Treasureray always seems to find 50 or more of every "original" item he finds. He can keep bashing all of us for as long as he would like but it does not take a rocket scientist to see what he is up to.