Tolkheim, that's a good idea about marking relidded cans. I won't buy a relidded can no matter how much I want the can. Do I have any? Yes, but they were bought many years ago before I even knew you could fill and relid a can.

That is also a good idea about marking pump parts although convincing the producers probably won't happen. I don't see pump parts as big a concern as signs, cans, etc. Pumps are like collectible cars and need the sum of their parts to be whole. By being able to complete a pump, a piece of history is preserved. And I'm talking about parts for an ORIGINAL pump...NOT these repo POS pumps being made nowadays. I place these fake pumps in the same category as the fake larger signs and cans.

Repo'ed pump parts bring the pumps back from the dead. What does a repo'ed sign or can do. Does it complete anything? Is it needed to make something else original or functional? I don't think so. They are there because "I can't afford a real one". Well, boo hoo...and welcome to the world of collecting.