I had three employees, who were displaced, because of this fire. I also had three employees, who were called to duty, because of this. Even as a company, we were also called out, to assist the Elbert County Sheriffs Office, at the evacuation center.

My heart goes out to those, who have suffered so much, during all of this. It was heart wrenching, talking with both customers, and employees, at the evacuation center. I can honestly say, that I was completely torn up, hugging a long time Elbert resident, and telling her, that it was gonna be ok.

Of my employees, one was on the Fire line, one was transporting evacuees, and one was working Animal Rescue/Evacuation, transporting displaced animals. Even my home was open for the evacuated animals. Because of this, even one of my part time employees, took time off of his regular job, to help us out.

Since Wednesday, I told my employees, to "Be safe" as they performed their duties. I was brought to tears, as I hugged Kenny, as he was leaving for a Fire Call on Thursday. Without any emotion from him, steely eyed, I watched him drive away to answer to his call.

My gratitude goes out to my customers, who shared this burden with us. But more so, to my employees. Thank you Kenny, for your duties on the Fire line. To Kate, for her duties in the evacuation efforts, to Nicole for the animal rescue/evacuation efforts, to Mike for picking up the loose ends as we all ran around crazy, and to Jarred for the extra efforts in checking the fence and the pens for the animals, during these troubled times...

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....