Several of us live in this area including Jim Sharpe in Port Hueneme. He has an auto repair shop and nice collection of petro stuff. Ray Seider is in Carpenteria to the north and has an awesome collection of signs and more, and let's not forget professor Dick Bennett in Santa Paula who helped with the displays at the oil museum there and has an awesome collection of his own. If you want to drive an extra hour north to Solvang and Buellton I can show you the Mendenhall collection which I can assure you would be well worth the drive and you can visit the History Room of "Service Town, USA" at Andersen's Pea Soup in Buellton. It was named service town because of all of the service stations that lined Highway 101 at one time.

As for swap meets and shows ,Roy Reeds gas bash is in April in Fontana, California and you can't miss the Pomona Swap Meet if you haven't done that before (both the last weekend of April I think). I go to the Ventura Swap Meet on occasion along with Jim Sharpe and every once in a while we find a petro treasure among the shabby chic there. You might even find Gas Pump Rob selling gas pumps. He lives in Fillmore just past Dick B.

Other than that there isn't much to see around here...

C Cragg