I am also new to collecting gas pumps, but your attitude towards those who collect has me stumped. You tell us that you collect old cars and yes I'm sure you do and it is a great hobby. My question to you is.. do you restore the cars in question or do you purchase from someone else? All collectors know that there is a real difference between the two. The collector who gets his hands dirty enjoys his labor of joy, the buyer will never get the same satifaction from the same item. A reproduction item is nice to look at, but isn't the same as the originial. I speak from some experience, I spent 25 years racing and later restoring vintage cars from my mustangs to vintage triumphs to helping my father restore
model A's. On the show circuit and even at some vintage racing events I would run into someone who had purchased on of my cars or one of my father's cars. Over 80% of the time I would either read or hear them tell people who asked that "They" restored the car themself. Ofcourse not one of them could tell you what the "loud pedal" is. Sir, ofcourse I don't know you and I hope you will enjoy this type of collecting, but I think you might want to do an attitute check and not insult those who do put body and soul in their "hobby". Just a suggestion. I know that I learn something important every day on this "post" and look forward to reading input from those who know much more than I do, on this subject.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items