Any way it was an enjoyable whirlwind visit to Iowa for me and my wife but it involved lots of driving. We did 23 hours and 52 minutes of driving time over two days to DM and the gas consumption efficiency plummeted with the trailer on the back. More than a few idle conversations that I over heard were in reference to doing something to make gas consumption better; going diesel, getting a MB or Dodge tall van.
While DB makes light of the fact lots of the good stuff is gone by Tuesday night in fact there is still plenty to chose from on Wednesday. One vendor showed up on Wed AM and was swarmed. MM had his pumps barely unloaded and they were all unspoken for. The open room buying was new to me and you get a different look into peoples lives and habits. Some had young children running around the bed which was laden with GLOBES! Most of the guys are good ole boys with a wobbly pop in one hand and a yarn to tell.
Prices for stuff seemed to drop even over the 36 hours I was there. So there is another benefit to being there longer and/or later.

Most of all there were people there to help or loan your a trolley. Kudos to Kevin Frith, Mark Smith, the Hops, GasPumpRob for the hand they gave me with bringing stuff and or loading it.
Also met a few class act guys in the auditorium that were old gassers.
I will go again, it was a blast but I will give myself more time and a bigger wallet!