So I've been spying this gas pump in Sunderland Mass. for fifteen or so years. I like seeing gas pumps in the wild and left it alone and didn't pursue it. Two weeks ago I noticed a roll off dumpster in the driveway and decided I should investigate. I tracked down the owner and he said his father bought the pump in the late 1940's and used it on the farm. I was told that the farm was being prepared for sale. I was fortunate enough to work out a deal and bought the pump. I feel very lucky to add this one to my collection. Being able to bring my son on a gas pump adventure was priceless. When the pump was installed it was set in wet concrete so getting it out was tough. I got a real workout swinging the sledge. The owner told me the farm primarily grew cucumbers. He would work for his father and drive truckloads of cucumbers to East Hartford CT. During these work days he would fill the gas tank of the farm truck from this gas pump multiple times in one day. The pump fit in the station wagon, I even got the hatch to close all the way. Good stuff.

DSC00880-001.JPG DSC00884-001.JPG DSC00886-001.JPG DSC00889-001.JPG