Gents,
I know Coke memorabilia isn't really on topic here, but I'm hoping this post is acceptable. I'm sure a few of you have some pieces. I went early to an upcoming estate sale to check out a 36" Coke button sign. The listing billed it as being porcelain. It definately is not. It's a painted sign. That's fine by me it'll be indoors. But I was put off enough by the "deceptive" advertising that I decided to hold off and do more research. The porcelain versions go for quite a few bucks and were the only ones I'd researched before I drove over.
Now back at home I'm looking at completed and active listings on eBay trying to price this thing and two things happen.
1). I can only find this exact version of sign in the porcelain format. Painted ones all seem to say "Drink" above the logo or have the Coke bottle on the sign as well. I cannot find another "just painted" version of this sign in completed listings or even just Google images.
2). I actually found the exact sign listed on eBay for much more than they were asking me for it. Now I know they trucked this in to this sale. Probably to add a little bling to their estate listing.
These two things make me suspicious. The thing sure looks right, but I am no Coke expert.
I was hoping there was a few experts here who might be able to look at this thing and spot it as a fake or a repaint right off the bat. I appreciate it. Mods...please have some mercy. I need to tell her yes or no before Thursday to have "exclusive" rights to it. If anyone knows a better website to post this query please PM me. Thanks!
The sign: (NOT porcelain)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coca-Cola-Coke-b...=item2c844be307

Last edited by tmcnasty; Tue Sep 16 2014 08:37 PM.