Originally Posted By: Ohio Oil
And in regard to vetting items...how in the heck can an auction company personally vouch for 1600 items...that's ridiculous.

My 2 cents for what it's worth. If companies like Barrett Jackson and Morphy want to be the Christie's of the automobilia auctions then YES THEY SHOULD vouch for the authenticity of their items especially given the ridiculous premiums they are charging! If they can't authenticate it then they shouldn't sell it! Both companies have "experts" who are highly paid and charged with dealing with these type of items and THEY should be the ones doing the research as to whether or not the items presented to them are authentic!

That said...the Frontier globe is legit and it's the first one I've seen go to auction. I just wish it was at the Iowa Gas auction instead of this one were many have millions of dollars but sometimes little knowledge of what they are buying in this category so I could get a sense of what it's worth in the "real world". But if I see that Deep Rock on capco gets something like $500 I will be sending them several of my globes for their next auction.

The Frontier globe link.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Ev...mp-globe-179651