It was bittersweet to look at some of these...

Old Iron and I had a number of pms that I have saved. He also sent me e-mail pictures of his 'yard art' that was so cool, it was used on at least one occasion as a film set. He also was really generous with showing his collections and sharing his wisdom about collecting to anyone who visited. He called his collection his museum, and Bob and I were trying to figure out if we could swing by and see him on our next trip to a cactus convention, when he passed away.

He did not have an avatar, but either Jim or one of the moderators put his picture in there after he passed away, and I am really glad to see it. He was such a gentleman with a big heart and that picture shows it.

And for those of you wondering why DB's avatar is not the pump he describes, he changed his avatar on a regular basis. During my tenure, it was two different kind of pumps (one being a Sunset Tok 34 twin) and a weird shark/cat thing. One of the pumps was yellow with white lathe behind it, and looked like an old jaundiced guy with glasses--that I asked DB if that was a self portrait. The one you see now is his beloved dog Ben Hur, who lived to be 15--smoking must be really good for dogs then cause that was old for a dog! I think that Avatar showed up after the last Iowa gas where Mick posted pic's of DB playing with Micks pug Bella. The black sash was added after DB passed away.

And Cold Pizza did have a cold pizza avatar! And it looked both mouth-watering and icky at the same time...