Hi guys
I been lurking around for a while, reading old posts & learning what I can. Now I'd like to ask for some advice & opinions.

I have a 60's/70's vintage Autolite Tune-up cabunet/service desk that I bought a year ago. The same type that was used in the Shell station I worked at as a teenager. The cabinet is very solid but, as I'm sure many of you know, the paint on these was never what anybody would describe as high quality. I've decided to restore it.

The original finish is a hammered dark grey or black on the cabinet body & a plain white finish with graphics on the doors. I don't think I will have a problem finding a bump & paint guy to apply decent paint to it but I have concerns about the graphics.

I would like opinions on whether I should have them try to paint around & preserve the graphics? The graphics appear to be some kind of silk screening. Has anyone here recreated these kinda of graphic & is it a viable option?

If anyone has knowledge and/or opinions on this your input would be greatly appreciated.