Originally Posted By Bob Richards
Paul, I believe you are mistaken about "the Car Image" on the decal. As that image, is of the 1967 Ford GT40 Mk III Coupe that won at Le Mans and again won Le Mans in 1968. (marking the third year in a row that Ford won Le Mans over Ferrari)...

The image was owned completely by The Ford Motor Company for advertising purposes (and I believe still is).... Even Carroll Shelby, the creator of the Ford GT40's; had to ask permission to use that image....

The reason Autolite was able to use the image... Is because it was a Ford Motor Company Product from 1961 until 1973....

Bob, I didn't look real close at the car, GT40, do like those. I doubt he'll have trouble with infringement or finding someone to make decals for him. Seems like no one asks me about that anymore, I think as long as it's for your personal use they don't bother you, if you start selling them, especially online, that's when could have troubles depending on how protective the company is. I know Harley and coke are super protective, not sure about Ford, but recreating what was on their originally should be fine. Maybe no one is making these for sale because of ford, could see that! Paul

See our restorations & products! >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/roadrash/