Originally Posted By Mike M.
I'm sorry but Until you take the time to meet and see the man in action and understand why he is and does all that he does for this hobby, nothing you say about Ron would change my thoughts about him.

Ron Scobie does not have a drive up window at his business and never has tried to be compared to a fast food service. He has shown that if you have patience, he will supply you with knowledge, what parts he has, try to make what you need or refer you to another supplier that he know has what your looking for!

Ron doesn't do this stuff to make a living and never has as he has always enjoyed doing it for his love of the hobby and his knowledge of the parts needed in our restorations.

Ron and his wife Cathy are the total makeup of his staff and they have always enjoyed it that way.

If a guy has to shut down sales for a whole month just to get caught up on orders, I'm sorry but he must be doing things correctly for a lot of us.

Being he is retired and has a family, one who actually knows him would understand that not every minute of every day is spent taking rare pump parts to have new ones cast!!!!

Ron is not someone who likes sitting still, so if he can't find the time to fill your order, there is a reason!!! Those who know him know that when he had surgery for a recent health issue also know that he was told to rest afterwards and Cathy just about had to tie him down to keep from filling orders.

So please don't be offended that I don't like this thread even though you have the right to start it and vent. Ron will treat any customer and friend the same that they treat him so maybe there is more to this story. I know some time back that Ron bent over backwards to fill/ship an order for a customer and then had to travel to his small town many states away just to take him to court to get paid because he trusted the guy to send payment....all that just for a hobby he loves!

I add my name to the list of those who enjoy doing business with Ron Scobie and if he leaves this world before me, I understand how much he will be missed not just as a restoration supplier but as a friend.
I agree 150% with you Mike. Ron has always been an honest friend in the hobby. It pains me to read all of these snide remarks. He does not deserve this and if you think that he treated you rudely, you have never gotten [me] cranked up. I can be a bigger nightmare than anyone.....including someone having a bad day. Not something I am proud of but true, none-the-less. This site was never made to air our dirty laundry like this and I find it sad that it was started by a newby who has nothing to bring here but bitterness. As said before " Grow up." Get along or go somewhere else. We were fine without you. Paul www.severngaspumps.com