I don't understand why they even want to go there at this particular venue. Iowa has always been where all the purists congregate and it's not like there is a shortage of real stuff to put in the auction. There have been more people selling collections and wanting to downsize through auctions in the last couple of years than we have seen maybe ever. Prices are at an all time high, so much so that I think this is the answer to my own question. A lot of attendees to these auctions just can't afford to buy anything original.But why pepper in junk just to make a few non-collectors feel important by buying a piece at the auction? Besides, you know there will be a few newbies that actually want to learn and collect real pieces that will get caught up in the frenzy and buy one of these "contemporary" pieces by mistake. It's just the nature of an auction. I buy very few signs because it is so hard to know what you're getting and when you do find a nice piece.....well, I'm just too cheap to pay the price anymore.....GB