My 245 oil pump has the same cast iron top. Same cast base & sheet metal pedestal,
but the top plate of the pedestal is different and the crack mech & box is different.
It has the same top cap, lock, sheet metal door and has threads for conduit which was used on the gasoline model for the light.
They could make either pump by changing a about 3 parts in the cabinet and a bigger cylinder for the gas pump. The oil pump only goes to 1/2 gallon
But Patent was not applied for until 1917.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US1274039A/en

Jack, in your book you have BOTH sheet metal and cast pumps listed as 1910.
That can't be correct.
Why would anyone submit a patent for something that has been in the field for 7 yrs? By then it would be obsolete.
1916 is more believable. What month in 1916 is the ad from?
Would you care to post part of the ad to confirm the model & date of the document in question, since it can't be read from your site?
There is no evidence to be found in a document you "can't read".
You hold the burden of proof now that you declared you have such a document. I would like to see proof of your claim without having to buy it.
The reason why I ask is because there is conflicting information here. Just a legible part of the ad with all components,
(partial pump pic, date & model), that should not be too hard and will not give anyone a way to copy your ad.
Without sharing that information after making a claim, your statement is not credible.
You were wrong about your decals, so I need to see proof of your claim. I think others may like to see some evidence of your claims too.

If any of you will take the time to read the abstract, you will see that this cabinet was NOT assigned to Bowser and that this is an
"IMPROVEMENT PATENT"
It took me SEVERAL months to find this Patent information and when I shared it to everyone on the site, all I got was shot down by naysayers.
I know it could have gone into production BEFORE applying for the patent, but not 7 yrs. This pump WAS NOT MADE IN 1910
https://patents.google.com/patent/US1274039A/en

011.JPG 012.JPG

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net