Kev , we talked about your place and that trip . I know he really appreciated you . Thnaks for showing this great picture . " Big Ted " rip peace buddy .

Originally Posted By K W FRITH
Shocking news for me! I knew Ted very well but was not aware that he was having health problems!
We had an obvious connection with Cities Service items and of course, especially Cities globes. Ted has a collection of Cities globes that is just awesome! There are several very rare globes in his collection that I have never seen anywhere else. Ted also loved Cities Service signage and would pick up a piece now and then, but his real love was the globes.
A few years back when Ted decided to sell off a few of his excess globes to allow him to concentrate on Cities Service, I bought a couple of rare globes from him, and rather than ship these globes, Ted simply boxed them all up and loaded them into his vehicle and headed out for a VERY BIG road trip! He had a lot of deliveries to make here in the US and he was on a mission!
He got to my place in the late evening and since we have a nice guest room here at the house, Ted settled in for some serious rest before heading west the next morning with the rest of his deliveries! We were up early and finished up the business portion of the visit before touring my collection and spending some time on discussion about the collectibles hobby!
I treasure that time that we had as collectors and friends and sharing our wisdom of the collectibles hobby. Ted truly was a gentle giant and one of the nicest people I have ever met. The world lost one of its better assets when he passed and he will truly be missed by those that had a personal connection with him. People like Ted just don't come around very often. I feel privileged to have known him. Rest in peace TED.

Here is a picture of Ted & I in my shop that afternoon of his big road trip!

Follow the Red Indian Trail