...you're at a show, and you see a great piece, one you've been looking for, stacked in with a lot of less than great pieces, in a seller's booth...you go over to ask about it, and are told "it's not for sale, I just brought it to display"...now, I'm not talking about stuff that you'd have to get downright nosey to find - (like behind the table, under a blanket, in the guy's car, etc.) - or items segregated from the 'for sale' items, clearly marked with a sticker or sign that says, "Display Only - Not For Sale"...I mean items lumped right in with the 'for sale' stuff, no way to tell it from anything else without asking...

...to put it CLEANLY - I think it's a rather tacky thing to do, and a waste of time for the potential buyer...I feel people who go to shows want to BUY STUFF, not be told it's not for sale (there's enough of that when you're out looking for stuff in the wild)...if you want to share your collection, bring a photo album...nobody likes teases...

...what do y'all think?

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...