I too have asked people when I first started how, what, or where to get stuff. Did I ask whether to restore or not, sure who does not. Everyone asks someone with more knowledge than themselves, it is only natural. We do not know it all, we do not know where to get all the info, that is why we are asking. Yes many people now just want to make money on an item, that does not mean that they can't ask the questions. Can you charge, you bet, I do not but I do not have all that knowledge. We all just don't pick up a book and start looking as who will tell us where the books are at ? Not all on the internet, library or what have you. You seek out people you meet at shows, auctions, or what ever and ask them about stuff. If they want to purchase something off you so be it.
BUT, there is that group now who wants to keep on asking what it is worth, who to sell it to, and how to make it sell without extending their hand if they do make a sale. Have gone back several times and paid people for either info, referrals and the like. Guy here taught me that years ago. Do not get to bent out of shape when someone asks for help, it is kind of pleasing to know that you are helping another person with their issue or problem.

Craig