That’s great that you got a call Les. Like you said patience is usually a virtue and this issue isn’t of grave importance to busy people. After reading your post i am still a little confused though. Does the fact that the stamped signs would have only had a Canton mark on them mean they didn’t make the tin tacker like mine with a Kenton, OH Mark? I’m still not sure why a copied sign would have a Scioto mark and especially a date on it. It sounds like if they did make the Hood signs it would’ve been for a company that was the owner of that name or had the rights to it. I have been doing a little more detailed reading on Hood and even though the Watertown plant closed in ‘69 I haven’t found where all tire sales ended then. Guess they could’ve had other plants that made tires after that, even if they contracted them made. I’m going to keep digging. I talked to another Oldgasser last week who has one of the same signs and he is as curious as I am as to it’s origin and authenticity or lack thereof. The more we talk about it the more intrigued I become! Oh and John, I took absolutely no offense to your post. Great discussion.

Les, after reading your post again I think I took the part about stamped wrong. Did you mean they stopped stamping them with their name and date? I was thinking you meant a stamped/embossed type sign for some reason....

Last edited by Rabbitman; Tue Mar 06 2018 09:09 PM. Reason: Added text.