So when I display different items of petroliana, I like to keep items from the same company (their associates and subsidiaries, included) displayed together in their respective area, be it in a case, on a shelf or its piece of a wall. This got me thinking on where certain tire brands (I say brands as, for example, I would consider Federal Tires associated with Tide Water, but not necessarily Fisk Tire Co despite Federal being a division of Fisk at some point...gets a bit confusing) should be displayed as some were associated with various oil companies at different times and others, presumably, were not. I was curious if there was a list somewhere on this site of something like this or, if not, if we could start one. I will list a few off the top of my head that I know of and if anyone else could throw some out there, something can be compiled as a reference for any members looking for the info....again, if not already somewhere on the site.

As a collector of Michelin, I’d be very curious if they were ever associated with any oil companies. I know overseas they had FINA, Mobiloil and others brand a select number of maps, but that’s a little different. Any way....

Tide Water Associated Oil Co - Federal Tires

Lion Oil Co - Kelly Tires

Standard Oil Co - Atlas Tires

Cities Service Oil Co - Acme Tires

Looking for Michelin items + NJ oil company related items (Mohawk, Guardian, Whiz, etc) + animal-related petroliana + Gargoyle/Shell/Sinclair items