I don’t have an issue with pickers like some people do. I buy, sell, trade etc... and some people call me a “picker” but by definition that would be far from the truth. I have my own collection and always have had a collection in some fashion since day one. I think a lot of people forget that without pickers A LOT of people wouldn’t have a collection near what they have now. Also I don’t see a difference in the guys that buy globes from auctions that are “under priced” and resell them to their clients at a higher price or a “picker.” Same people in my book. People should be nicer to pickers and resellers because those people are loyal to people that are loyal to them. They understand that there is a need for them in the hobby because most collectors are not going to get out and find this stuff so the collections would be minuscule comparatively speaking. Just a thought. Also I believe some people are afraid to leave $10 on the table by not pricing stuff but there are other reasons to not publicly price items rather people believe that or not. It’s no different then going to a gas show and there’s a table full of globes with no price stickers on them, technically those are not priced publicly either but only when asked about. I see no difference. Good discussion though!

Last edited by Rcarp; Mon Jul 22 2019 08:10 AM.

Always looking for Pierce Pennant Gas and oil items!

-Rcarp-
816-504-7544
rustyc76@gmail.com