Finally got a Visual. Have ALWAYS wanted one of these. Less than 2 months ago the bug hit when I picked up a Tokheim 39 Tall. Got for a nice price and it "Rustored up" beautifully. What I really wanted though was a visual but as everyone here knows they are getting harder and harder to find. Finding one not completely rusted out, one that hasn’t already been restored, not too far away to go pick up, or by someone not asking an arm and a leg…. Challenging.. Started looking on Facebook Messenger and found what looked to be a good candidate. MANY thanks to Speedracer from this Forum for his input and assistance with helping me gauge what I should expect or pay. Guy selling this one, a Wayne Pump had had it inside for about 25 years and had planned on putting it in his mancave. That dream came and went so he wanted to find someone who would enjoy it. From the pic’s it was certainly a Wayne and it looked like what I was looking for. Good color, great patina and just about all the parts. Wasn’t a fan of the hail screen and it was a little dirty but I was willing to make the 3 hour drive to Texarkana to have a look. Visually it was what I was looking for and from what I could tell there were no cracks in the glass. Wayne plate says it is a 665 which I hadn’t heard of but what do I know I’m a newbie (Jack Sim’s book does delineate a 665 I uncovered later). Did the deal loaded her up and paid the man $2,100. I was happy with that. Took a WHOLE lot of restraint to not also buy the 4 panel Tokheim 39 Tall he had there…. I have a Tokheim 39 and just don’t have room for another one. Got home with no issues and the next morning in the daylight started to determine what I actually had. In the morning sun the glass started putting off that blue hue. This was a BIG welcome surprise. With the hail screen removed this was starting to be a real possibility. I took off the Bonnet and looking at the top glass the Jar Lid the inspection wire through the screws was even still intact (in my excitement I forgot to take a pic of that!). Took the glass lid off and started flushing in the water and car wash soap. The mild dirt/dust started cleaning very easily and the gallon markers weren’t even corroded. Couldn’t believe how awesome thing was cleaning up!! After getting her stood up it’s time to fill the tank. NO leaks. She held water all night long. The tank is mint! Don’t worry guys the cold hasn’t hit down in Texas yet and this beauty will NOT be containing water. Had to throw the skins back on, rig up a light (I’ll have to re-wire through the condit later) and “borrow” the 13.5” globe from my Tokheim 39. As the night progressed the water in the tank with the light, the blue glass and globe this thing came back alive. Fantastic!! Only a few details to go and I will begin enjoying this for a VERY long time. Guess I really am already enjoying it!! Strong contenders for the brand I will be displaying are the “Flying A”, non-chicken wing or possibly HC Sinclair. Wrestled with a 15” or 13.5” Globe. 15” globes don’t have the same availability as all the choices with 13.5”. I’m kinda picky when it comes to these details. This pump had some type of round decal on the front and the size seems to be around 8” in diameter from the faint silhouette. Another point of frustration. Flying A decals (Red, Round, with “full wings”) that I have found are 3”, 6” and 12”. Can’t find 8”. Flying A Globe Glass (Round, Red, with Flying A with wings) seems to denote Ethyl Gasoline on the repops I’ve found. This I found odd as the decals don’t reference “Ethyl Gasoline” the decals say just “Gasoline”. The HC Sinclair DOES have 8” decal and there are plenty of 13.5” globe glass makers out there. Seems this pump had a 1 ¼” hose which I’m not finding and I certainly want a correct period nozzle so that will be a hunt as well. Pump handles are available repop and I haven't decided on brass or alum. All in all I have a AWESOME pump to start with. Thanks to this community and again Speedracer for a place to share my success!!

As Listed.jpg Cleaning Skins off.jpg Borrowed Globe.jpg Night.jpg
Last edited by FishGas; Mon Nov 25 2019 12:21 PM.