Last week made a little more progress on the station- complete pressure wash of the outside and inside the bays. A lot of the bad paint came off, and subsequent to drying out it looks like it would benefit from another round of spraying inside the bays so that's coming up pretty soon. Shifting work to the windows now- I know it seems like I'm bipolar on some of this but we did decide to keep the old metal windows in the bay, the back storeroom and the bathrooms. Found a local guy that retired with 48 years experience in glasswork and he's going to start replacing every pane in the windows next week. A couple of the windows were rusted out along the bottom, but I think I've come up with a fix that'll work. Spent a couple hours yesterday evening with a hammer and chisel, chipping out the concrete where the metal frame used to be. Used a grinder to cut off the bottoms of the frame and have one of the windows getting close to ready. A piece of 1 1/2" square tubing fits nicely in the hole, and 1/4"x1/4" angle, when welded to the 1 1/2" tubing, will provide a good base for the window to sit on.
I've never seen concrete like the bases of the windowsill. Hard as granite and had all sizes of flint pebbles in it. Made for interesting chiseling.

One of the "good" windows, then the two "not-so-good" ones....

Windows1.jpg Windows2.jpg Windows3.jpg