Good info. I'm fairly new to gas pumps, but, I've been around the antique car hobby for over 55 years! I've been to a lot of auctions over the years and have noticed a few things that are worth sharing. The biggest mistake I've seen families make is to let cousin Waldo's wife's uncle's son handle the sale because he owns an auction house here in town that has an auction every week. I may miss a rare item, but, mostly thee sales are a waste of my time . Better, but, still not great is to get an auction company that is used to going to farms, estates, businesses, etc, and has a mailing list and will provide some publicity. Sometimes they may mention "antique car," or even say "55 Chevy and many parts," If nearby, I'll try to go on the "inspection day" and check it out. There's usually not much good stuff, but, I have found some rare, great finds mixed in with a box of junk because the sell didn't know what the items were, and he was placing what he thought were like items together to be sold in lots. The best is an auction company that knows what they are selling, or is willing to find, or let you find an expert to advise. They will know how and where to market the sale. I've driven hundreds of miles to try to buy a part or car that I needed . These will cost the family more, but, the proceeds will be better if you have a good collection.

mikieb