Over these thirty years of collecting, I have been to more auctions than I can remember. I never left without buying something....otherwise....it became a lost day and travel expense. Always paid a buyers premium but never sales tax. A federal resale tax number, eliminates this. I try to resell all of my inventory.....I still have a collection that is applicable to this dilemma. This issue has been on my mind as well. I agree with all the above information. My only thought is that, try as I might to sell the last piece that I have, on the day before I die, it probably will not work out? LOL! My family has some understanding of the value but not the desire to handle a piece meal sale. It would take too much time dealing with serious buyers and of course the tire kickers, who will talk a good line but that's all. I have decided that when the time comes, I will be using a reputable auction house that I have used for years. It is centralized. Draws from both coasts. Has the extensive list of clients. And is quite knowledgeable in these items with pricing. I have bought and sold thru them for years. As with all auctions, you might sell a few things, underbid, but the overall average leans to the seller. Good auction houses advertise a lot. They stage the auction. Supply and pay their help. Pay the workman's comp. and liability insurance. Make the sale and settle within 10 business days, as a rule. As a business, this kind of service deserves to be compensated. Using a quality house makes all the difference. The seller pays 10-15% usually. For me, it is the best way to settle quickly with as little trouble to my kids. Just my opinion. Paul www.severngaspumps.com