I was thinking about a truck I'm going to paint in the distant future, when I saw some threads about $50 Rust-Oleum paint jobs. I got to thinking about an old pump that was up in my attic. I was going to reassemble it and sell it as is, but then I thought why not try an economy restoration on it. Good or bad, we will have a result. You can follow along on this adventure.

Here's our test subject. It's an early 50s Wayne 505 that has been apart for years. It has been in pieces for close to if not over a decade. I bought it on Craigslist cheap because it was missing one upper door and a lower door. I found the replacements, took it apart and had it sandblasted. I remember trying a new sandblasting company and they charged me almost $300 to blast it. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say I'm in the hole on this one. I sprayed primer on it to keep it from rusting, then life got in the way. It ended up just kind of being around. I moved a few years ago, and just kind of piled up the parts here and there. That's where we come in now.

IMG_20221113_150050672.jpg IMG_20221113_150100404.jpg