I'm probably one of the newer guys to comment on this thread. I signed up for OldGas in 2014, but I looked at the site for many, many years prior and finally bit the bullet and signed up one day. I actually started collecting signs in 1992 when I was in college, but it was nothing good back then. I was around on OG early enough to get beat up by DB now and again and it was all good fun.

I will say a couple of things about this site that I love. 1) The people here have great knowledge and are willing to help. 2) for the most part if someone asks a question, people here don't answer unless they know the answer. So many people guess on Facebook and it really screws up the knowledge base. It is entertaining on Facebook when someone asks if a sign is real, and a guy will respond "it looks good to me, but I don't have a lot of experience" (Then why do you open your mouth?). Then 10 guys say its good and 10 guys say its bad. And they all have been collecting for an average of 5 years each... lol. I do go there to buy and sell, there is a lot of stuff, but I try to stay away when I have a question, unless I know the guy who answered. 3) there are no repops sold here on OG without being labeled as such!! Every other format on line is inundated with fakes. AND 4) the most important, I have made some very cool friends from this website and the hobby and I have really enjoyed the journey so far.

This is a great site and I thoroughly enjoy it. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas,
Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Tue Dec 13 2022 02:00 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)