1934—Pure suffers its only net financial loss.
1935—Pure Transportation Company subsidiary formed.
Mid ‘30s—Pure receives one of its greatest assets from a teacher in arrears on his credit, who wrote, “I feel sure with Pure.” “Be sure with Pure” becomes one of America’s most successful advertising slogans.
1936—Pure purchases many leases in the Illinois fields.
1937—Pure and Superior jointly build the first off-shore oil well.
Pure shuts down its Marcus Hook, NJ refinery
1938-1943—Illinois fields make the state Pure’s greatest producer.
1938—Hickok Oil, partially owned by Pure, begins a gas price war and contest in the Toledo area.
1939—Many New York and New Jersey properties sold to Gulf.
H.V. Kaltenborn begins his war commentary on CBS Radio.
Pure, Sun, Socony-Vacuum, and Hickok are sued by Charles E. Austin, Inc. for operating the Puritan station chain since 1937 to destroy competition.
1940—Pure Oil explorations in Oklahoma finally succeed.
Twin Ports Oil Co. of Duluth drops all corporations except Pure from its antitrust suit: verdict favors Pure.
WWII—Pure, Gulf, Socony-Vacuum, Atlantic, and Texaco design a butadiene plant to produce synthetic rubber at Port Neches.

Pure maps from WWII fall into two categories: the fairly common Kaltenborn war maps (which I don't collect) and the Pure "blue cover" series. These have just the logo on a lighter blue background, and are normal road maps otherwise. This is one of the covers I'm still looking for. So, someone else will need to fill these gaps.

[This message has been edited by Maps for the memories (edited 11-07-2007 for spelling demons).]

[This message has been edited by Maps for the memories (edited 11-07-2007).]